Drumgallagh National School


Go to content

Main menu:


Lettra

Parish History

Lettra

There is an old protestant church in Lettra, which was built in 1850. It was built of cut stone and it is a very strong structure. The remains of it still stand. It was no longer used as a church after 1930. were eight windows in the church and it also had a belfry. The bell was taken but the belfry still remains. There is a window under the belfry and the church has one big door. There are two tombstones in the churchyard. There are many people buried there. The two men buried under the tombstones are Thomas Jacob Birch and Francis Dfrmsby. Thomas Jacob Birch died on the 25 of May 1868 and Francis Dfrmsby died on the 25 May 1905. The church was build by a Scottish Man. The Protestant people had a school of its own and the remains of it still stand. There is a big wall around it.


Home | Information | Events | Green School | Active School | Annual Concerts | School Sports | School Activities | School tours | Poetry Selection | Parish History | Credit Union Quiz | Sacraments | Policies | School Self Evaluation | Site Map


, All articles and photographs are the property of Drumgallagh National School and are not to be used without permission. | drumgallaghns.ias@eircom.net

Back to content | Back to main menu